This is the fifth exercise in the routine, so your surf fitness workout should really start to be taking shape. If you’ve followed the workout so far, at this point your core and shoulders will be burning, so its time to hit the legs and an all time classic for getting rid of ‘chicken legs’ is lunges.
Lunges are fantastic for building strength in the quadriceps and hamstrings as well as strengthening around the knees, which as we know are fundamental in surfing and daily life. This is how you do them properly:
- Start with your feet shoulder width apart and your body upright
- Step forwards and drop down so you have a 90 degree bend in both legs, ensuring your front knee doesn’t go over your foot (anterior displacement). The back knee should be hovering around 1-2 inches off of the floor
- Pause at the bottom for a second then lift up bringing your leading foot back to the start position
- Repeat this with the opposite leg
- This is one repetition. Aim for 3-5 sets of 12 with a 1-2 minute rest.
This is how your routine should look so far:
It may look quick and easy but I challenge you to give it a go! Leave any comments in the box below.
If you have any questions, head over to facebook.com/oceancorefitness and drop Ross a message.