This week we are looking at joint strength, mobility and stabilisation. Like a lot of sports, surfing requires a high degree of mobility across the entire body so as not to cause injury. This is where ‘Bear crawls’ come in. Although a basic exercise, they require you to use all your major joints as well as your brain for co-ordination.
- Start with your hands flat on the floor and up on the balls of your feet
- Move forwards using your left hand and right leg
- Continue you this with your right hand and left leg
- You want to be covering a distance of around 20 feet then put yourself in reverse and walk backwards back to the starting point.
- Do this for around 30-40 seconds and complete 3-4 rounds
Add these after last weeks exercise; the plank.
If you are trying to improve your nutrition and diet I have released an ebook which contains 21 recipes and includes all the macronutrient and caloric intake for each meal. Check it out via the Facebook page and feel free to ask me any questions you may have.